We help athletes recover. We help veterans find sustainable employment. And on really good days, we make goat memes. We turn our clients’ brands “ON” to make shoppers care, act and share. We are MarketingLab and we’re looking for a spirited Account Supervisor with strong shopper marketing skills to join one of our key client teams.
As an Account Supervisor at MarketingLab you assume a range of responsibilities, all of which are important to the success of the agency. As an Agency leader you will be expected to lead by example, especially as it relates to demonstrating our Core Values.
The following is a detailed breakdown of the responsibilities and expectations for the role of Account Supervisor:
This position is responsible for providing a high level of support to your assigned Account Director for client(s) in your group, including but not limited to:
- Providing support for the effective management of the client relationship
- Supporting the Account Director’s effort to achieve the gross profit goals for assigned clients
- Provide strategic support on all assigned clients including marketing planning through execution and activation of client approved initiatives
- Support the Account Director’s (AD’s) efforts to motivate and mentor the team to deliver the highest quality work at all times
- Support efforts to profitably manage and grow the business for all assigned clients
- Add value to client relationships to ensure the long-term viability and health of the client relationship
- Provide management, training and mentoring of all assigned staff
- Support new business efforts when requested
Core Job Responsibilities
1. Client Account Management
- Develop and maintain a clear understanding of assigned clients business, overall business goals and strategic initiatives meant to achieve those goals
- Re-enforce MLab’s strength in collaborating with client partners; MLab takes pride in our ability to collaborate with our clients other agency partners e.g. Advertising and PR
- Support our efforts to lead clients in our areas of expertise; shopper marketing, promotional marketing, digital (especially as it relates to shopper and promotional)
- Support the AD’s efforts to lead the agency team in all aspects of the clients business including strategic planning, creative briefings, financial and budget management
- Lead development of all proposals and presentation decks for assigned clients
- Maintain the highest standards of work for assigned clients
- Identify opportunities for incremental business and new business
2. Client Service
- Build and maintain strong client relationships at all levels
- Work with Senior Managers to develop strategies for assigned clients that can lead to incremental work
- Ensure consistently effective client communications at all levels
- Provide thought leadership to clients especially in MLab’s core areas of expertise e.g. Shopper Marketing, Promotional Marketing
3. Financial Management
- Work with Sr. Management to establish financial projections for each assigned client
- Establish the plan to ensure annual financial goals are met
- Manage agency resources to ensure client profitability goals are met
- Work with Sr. Management on overall staffing and resource allocation
- Manage Client billing and month-end financial reports
4. Strategic Thought Leadership
- Lead strategic planning and thought leadership for assigned clients
- Ensure measurable objectives are established and agreed to with client as part of the planning process
- Look for opportunities to add value in key areas of our clients business
- Contribute to strategic planning/brainstorming sessions for other agency clients
5. Leadership and Management
- Mentor and provide ongoing performance feedback to direct reports to aid them in their career development and success at MLab
- Lead day to day management of direct reports
- Lead performance reviews for direct reports
- Ensure Direct Reports have developmental plan in place including opportunities for training and development
6. Required Qualifications and Skills
- A minimum of 6 - 8 years of successful agency experience preferably in the shopper and/or promotional marketing
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Marketing, Advertising or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong written, oral and presentation skills
- Strong organization and problem solving skills
- The ability to create budgets and timelines in a fast and efficient manner
- Proven ability to lead clients
- Proven ability to build and maintain strong client relationships
- Superb time management skills – ability to juggle multiple clients and projects
- Ability to work well with others
If you’d like to become a part of something bigger and better, please send your resume to email@example.com.
Over 15 years ago, MarketingLab started small, just a few of us, but we had big plans and the good fortune to work with some great brands like P&G, 3M, and Gold’n Plump. The work earned us more work, we won some new clients, and we added great new people to the team.
Over the years we have continued to make a measurable impact on our clients’ businesses through our proprietary processes, creative innovation and flawless execution. We have been recognized for our efforts by the industry and, most importantly, by our clients.
We live our values. We love birthday cakes and summer Fridays. We’re all in this together.
To learn more about us visit: www.marketinglab.com.